|Sian Ka’an & Muyil Ruins
||Prices in USD / per person
|Eco Day Tour from Tulum, Playa del Carmen or Puerto Aventuras
||8am – 1pm
Get a Quote Book Now
- Round-trip transportation – pick up from the dive shop in Tulum or pick up locations in Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras or Cancun;
- All entrance fees to the sites;
- Certified local guide speaking English, Spanish and Maya;
- Guided tour with all the curious archaeological facts;
- All equipment needed – wetsuits, snorkels, etc;
- 1 hour free time – floating in the Mangrove Canal;
- Typical Mayan food tasting;
- Free Go-Pro rental to record your adventure;
Sacred Mayan Ruins amidst an Exuberant Jungle Lagoon
Experience an adventure of a lifetime with our most popular Mayan group tour.
Muyil or Chunyaxche, is an ancient Mayan ceremonial center, found inside the Sian Ka’an reserve — an amazing wildlife conservation area, the third biggest natural biosphere reserve in Mexico, considered also a World Heritage Site.
The Canan Ha Path, in the middle of Sian Ka’an, is an elevated walkboard, from where you can see the water and the exuberant jungle, more than 400 species of birds, butterflies, coatis (the cute Mexican hog-nosed coons), agoutis (adorable rodents also called Sereque), amphibians and reptiles. The spectacular views in this beaming with life jungle make this one of the best tours in Mexico.
We start our guided tour on a small boat from the Muyil lagoon, passing through the ancient Mayan channel until reaching the Chunyaxche lagoon, characterized by its turquoise hues. From there, we’ll reach another channel with crystal-clear water.
The main highlight is that we will enjoy a relaxing float in the current for more than 30 minutes. Just imagine yourself, surrounded by water, mangrove trees, and nothing else, but nature. Lots of orchids and bromelias will color up your relaxation.
At the end of this exotic Mayan tour, you’ll try delicious Mexican food at a local restaurant.
Good to know:
- The adventure is: 5 hours long (8am – 2pm)
- Come to meet us at any of our pick up locations and let’s go!
- For your comfort, please wear trainers or snickers, swimsuit and suitable clothing (rashguard or long sleeve shirt; light long pants; sun glasses; sun hat or cap)
- Help us preserve the wildlife – avoid putting sunscreen on. Wear suitable clothing to shade your skin from the sun, instead of using sunscreen.
- Use a biodegradable sunscreen in case you really need to.
- Have an extra pair of clothes and a towel, to change.
- Make sure to bring cash to buy souvenirs as most shops there do no work in credit/debit cards.
Get a Quote Book Now