|Pink Lakes, Ek Balam Ruins and Lunch – min 4 people||Prices in USD / per person||Tour Duration|
|Day Tour from Tulum||$209||7am – 6:30pm|
Get a Quote
- Round-trip – comfortable transportation from Koox Diving Tulum;
- Small group tour – min 4 people
- All entrance fees to the sites;
- Guide speaking English, Spanish and Maya;
- Guided tour of Ek Balam with all the curious archaeological facts;
- Refreshing drinks, water, light snacks;
- Lunch in a local restaurant – vegetarian options available;
- Free GoPro rental – upon request – please let us know so that we can charge it
- A minimum of 2 people is required for booking.
Visit to Las Coloradas Pink Lakes
We’ll head to the very edge of the Gulf of Mexico in Yucatan to reach the Pink Lakes of Las Coloradas – a magical place full of bright colors – a famous photo shoot location. It’s a magical place full of colors. The lakes are filled with salt and minerals and belong to the salt producing company in the region. It’s no longer allowed to swim in there – but the view and the photos are worth the trip. The area is protected and part of the Río Lagartos Biosphere Reserve, vast wetland home to sea turtles, crocodiles and many birds, including flamingos.
The Amazing Ek Balam Ruins – The land of the Black Jaguar
Ek Balam is one of the most beautiful and yet a non crowded archaeological site. The architecture and structures there are classified as Yucatec Mayan. Ek Balam means the “Black Jaguar” or the “Star Jaguar” in the Mayan language. The site is famous for the Acropolis – housing the tomb of king Ukit Kan Lek Tok’ with well-decorated stuccos & plasters. You should definitely climb on top of the Acropolis, to see the Oval palace and the Twins – two identical pyramids- from above. Just enjoy the splendid panorama: the lush jungle still hiding some ancient artifacts.
Las Coloradas Pink Lakes & Ek Balam Day tour – the details
Come and meet us at your preferred location early in the morning – 7am – it can be either Tulum or Playa del Carmen, depending on where you are staying. Wе’ll have the full day at our disposal to explore and enjoy.
Good to know:
- It’s a day-long tour (7am – 6:30pm)
- Come to meet us in our dive shop in Tulum and let’s go!
- For your comfort, please wear comfortable shoes for walking, have a sun hat or cap
- Wear suitable clothing to shade your skin from the sun, instead of using sunscreen.
- We recommend you to bring a reusable water bottle that you can fill for free at our Tulum dive shop.
- Use a biodegradable sunscreen in case you really need to.
- Have an extra pair of clothes, swimsuit and a towel, to change.
- Make sure to bring cash to buy souvenirs as most shops there do not take credit/debit cards.
Get a Quote