Be Part of the Exotic Mayan Adventures – Secret Caves, Crystal Clear Cenote Waters and More
In the morning, we’ll see you at a meeting point of your preference – our dive shop inTulum, Playa del Carmen or Puerto Aventuras in car and we will head to Villa Guadalupe to meet the local guide and some native Maya people. We will proceed to El Alamo cave – where near a beautiful tree you will take part in an ancient Mayan ceremony to be granted access to this sacred cenote. And then, the real adventure begins, it’s time for rappelling 15 meters down into the secret dry cave with impressive stalactite formations. Fully equipped we will descend into El Alamo. You will have a whole hour to take photos and admire one of the most decorated dry caves in Riviera Maya. At its very end is the door of Xibalba – Mayans believed the underground complex of water-filled & dry chambers El Alamo was the path to a mythical underworld, known as Xibalba – the entrance to the underworld. We will magically exit here, leaving all fears behind.
Afterwards, we will head to the cenote Aktun Chacmool for a pleasant swim, where you can admire some of the world’s largest stalactites. This cenote is stunningly beautiful – blue waters and impressive cave formations.
The most exclusive part of our cultural tour follows – joining the local community of Villa Guadalupe for a traditional lunch will reveal the essence of our adventure. This picturesque Mayan village will enchant you with its people, atmosphere and delicious Mayan food – home grown chicken soup with garlic, tortilla with beans and chili Habanero. Before our return we will conquer a high wooden tower in Villa Guadalupe for the most spectacular panoramic view of this extraordinary land.
|Cultural Tour from Tulum||Prices in USD / per person||Tour Duration||Get this Tour|
|Aktun Chac-Mool cenote, Villa Guadalupe (rappelling, dry caves)+ lunch||$149||8:15am – 5pm||Book Now|
|Cultural Tour from Playa del Carmen||Prices in USD / per person||Tour Duration||Get this Tour|
|Aktun Chac-Mool cenote, Villa Guadalupe (rappelling, dry caves)+ lunch||$169||8:15am – 5pm||Book Now|
|Cultural Tour from Cancun||Prices in USD / per person||Tour Duration||Get this Tour|
|Aktun Chac-Mool cenote, Villa Guadalupe (rappelling, dry caves)+ lunch||$149||8am – 5pm||Book Now|
Get a Quote
- Round-trip transportation – from the dive shop in Tulum, Playa del Carmen, or meeting point in Cancun (in front of Hotel Hyatt Ziva):
- All entrance fees to the sites;
- Guide speaking English, Spanish and Maya;
- Guided tour with all the curious archaeological facts;
- All equipment needed – snorkels, rappelling equipment etc;
- 1 hour free time – swimming in Cenote Aktun Chacmool;
- Refreshing drinks, water, light snacks;
- Tasting traditional Mayan food in a local restaurant;
- Free GoPro rental – upon request – please let us know so that we can charge it
Good to know:
- The adventure is: 9 hours long (8am – 5pm)
- Come to meet us in our Tulum Dive Shop, Playa del Carmen shop or in Cancun and let’s go!
- For your comfort, please wear a swimsuit, water shoes and suitable clothing (rash guard or a long sleeve shirt; light long pants; sun glasses; sun hat or cap)
- Help us preserve the wildlife – avoid putting sunscreen on. Wear suitable clothing to shade your skin from the sun, instead of using sunscreen.
- Use a biodegradable sunscreen in case you really need to.
- Have an extra pair of clothes and a towel, to change.
- Make sure to bring cash to buy souvenirs as most shops there do no work in credit/debit cards.
- Make your stay in Riviera Maya even more exciting – You can combine this tour with a trip to Punta Laguna & Coba or Choj-ha & Naranjal and get a discount.